A monthly newsletter with news, fun facts, trends and trivia.
We've heard a lot of Carly Rae Jepsen's "Call Me Maybe" this summer. We also saw many fun covers of the song - from Cookie Monster, Jimmy Fallon, Katy Perry, and even the Biebs himself, taking over YouTube and permanently implanting the song in our brains. This month we asked our listeners which one was their favorite cover... find out that answer and more below - you'll be surprised!
In honor of Labor Day, we wanted to ask: What is your favorite song about work?
- It's Five O'clock Somewhere - Alan Jackson and Jimmy Buffett (27.5%)
- She Works Hard For The Money - Donna Summer (21.5%)
- A Hard Day's Night - The Beatles (18.5%)
- Working for the Weekend - Loverboy (13.7%)
- Takin' Care of Business - Bachman Turner Overdrive (13.7%)
- Salt of the Earth - Rolling Stones (2.6%)
- Working on the Highway - Bruce Springsteen (1.3%)
- Maggie's Farm - Bob Dylan (1.3%)
We saw so many cover versions of Carly Rae Jepsen's "Call Me Maybe" this year. Which is your favorite?
- U.S. Olympic Swimming Team (29.8%)
- Katy Perry (18.3%)
- Cookie Monster (15.4%)
- Jimmy Fallon and The Roots (11.5%)
- Justin Bieber/Ashley Tisdale/Selena Gomez (10.1%)
- Harvard Men's Baseball Team (9.1%)
- Southern Methodist University Women's Rowing Team (5.8%)
Speaking of covers, did you know these songs are not originals? Which of these cover songs is your favorite?
- Respect - Aretha Franklin, original by Otis Redding (19.5%)
- I Will Always Love You - Whitney Houston, original by Dolly Parton (19.5%)
- Knockin' On Heaven's Door - Guns 'n' Roses, original by Bob Dylan (15.1%)
- I Love Rock 'n' Roll - Joan Jett, original by The Arrows (13.7%)
- Girls Just Want to Have Fun - Cyndi Lauper, original by Robert Hazard (10.7%)
- Blinded By The Light - Manfred Mann's Earth Band, original by Bruce Springsteen (8.3%)
- Hurt - Johnny Cash, original by Nine Inch Nails (7.8%)
- Higher Ground - Red Hot Chili Peppers, original by Stevie Wonder (5.4%)