A monthly newsletter with news, fun facts, trends and trivia.
To mark the XXX Summer Olympiad, iHeartRadio recently asked our listeners questions about some Olympic-caliber songs. Here's how they answered — do you agree?In honor of the Olympics starting this month, what is your favorite song with the word "gold" in the title?
- Gold Digger - Kanye West (35%)
- Heart of Gold - Neil Young (18%)
- Fields of Gold - Sting (14%)
- Gold on the Ceiling - Black Keys (12%)
- Golden Slumbers - The Beatles (11%)
- Goldfinger - Shirley Bassey (10%)
What is your favorite hit single from the year of the last summer Olympics, in 2008?
- Viva la Vida - Coldplay (24%)
- Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It) - Beyoncé (19%)
- I Kissed a Girl - Katy Perry (19%)
- Love Story - Taylor Swift (17%)
- Love in this Club - Usher feat. Young Jeezy (12%)
- Disturbia - Rihanna (9%)
What is the most inspirational song from a sports movie?
- We Will Rock You/We Are the Champions - Queen (The Mighty Ducks, 35%)
- Gonna Fly Now - Bill Conti (Rocky, 19%)
- I Believe I Can Fly - R. Kelly (Space Jam, 16%)
- Ain't No Mountain High Enough - Marvin Gaye (Remember the Titans, 13%)
- Chariots of Fire Theme - Vangelis (Chariots of Fire, 6%)
- Centerfold/Put Me in Coach - John Fogerty (Bill Durham, 6%)
- Wild Thing - The Troggs (Major League, 5%)
Listen to iHeartRadio from OUYA, the New Game Console Everyone is Talking About
We are excited to share the news that iHeartRadio is the first radio app to come to OUYA, the $99 gaming console that is about the size of a Rubik's Cube. OUYA created a lot of buzz after it raised $1 million on Kickstarter in its first eight hours — making it the fastest Kickstarter project to reach the million dollar mark.
iHeartRadio HTML 5 App is a great fit for OUYA because it's built for a large screen format and provides an intuitive and engaging audio and visual experience.
The Android-powered gaming console will have all the same features as our regular app — the best live radio stations from all over America, PLUS user-created Custom Stations, like a playlist, inspired by favorite artists and songs, all-in-one free digital radio experience.
In addition to OUYA, iHeartRadio is available online, on mobile and tablets, in your car and on connected devices, including Xbox and GoogleTV.